Snickerdoodles Cookies

My boyfriend loves loves LOVES snickledoodles. I never had one before, but he purchased a small bag for me so I could taste it. Immediately afterwards, he told me he wanted me to bake him some, and that I no longer have the excuse to say... "I don't know how they are suppose to taste." I have such a wonderful boyfriend =]

The cookies came out great! They tasted almost exactly the same as the grocery stores, except mines were much softer due to being freshly baked. They were delicious!


Recipe:


Ingredients

  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3 tablespoons white sugar
  • 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon






Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
  2. Cream together butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar, the eggs and the vanilla. Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt. Shape dough by rounded spoonfuls into balls.
  3. Mix the 3 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls of dough in mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
  4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until set but not too hard. Remove immediately from baking sheets.


3 comments :

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates
April 4, 2011 at 9:42 PM

lol! gotta love the boyfriends... i took mine to a tea shop this weekend because they have an excellent blueberry tea cake... immediately afterwards, he said, "ok, learn how to make this."

Gwen said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates
April 4, 2011 at 9:45 PM

Hi blueskiez, I know exactly how you feel. =] Lovely boyfriends!

Jess @ Sugar High said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates
April 5, 2011 at 11:26 AM

I LOVE snickerdoodles! Yours looks so thick and soft, just the way a snickerdoodle should!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...